Best surface finish, less supports
With visibly excellent surface finish and surface quality of up to 5 Ra μm (200 Ra micro-inches) less post-processing is required and sharpest corner radiuses are achieved. Due to the proprietary powder deposition system, the DMP Flex 100 builds down to 20° angles without supports.
All overhanging surfaces benefit from the much better surface quality compared to competing machines. Less supports and improved surface quality ultimately mean less post-processing and less material usage –saving time and cost. In addition, you can build parts which are difficult to achieve with other printers.
Outstanding accuracy and repeatability, finest details, thinnest wall thicknesses
3D Systems’ patented layer compacting technology allows using smaller particles, which in turn helps to generate the finest feature detail available in the market and thinnest possible wall thicknesses. The typical accuracy on our small metal parts is +/-50 μm (+/-0.002 inches), on large parts +/-0.2%. Repeatability from part to part is approximately 20 μm (0.0008 inches). 3DXpert, 3D Systems’ all-in-one software solution for Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM), is included with the DMP Flex 100 to ensure a streamlined and repeatable process for high quality optimized prints.
Broad Applications Enabled By Material Capabilities
DMP Flex 100 metal printer has enough power to process a broader material selection spectrum including different grades of Titanium. 3D Systems offers LaserForm CoCr (B) and LaserForm17-4PH (B) with extensively developed, tested and optimized print databases. Further LaserForm materials for use with DMP Flex 100 are in development.
Everything you need to get started
DMP Flex 100 solution features a build volume of 100 x 100 x 90 mm (3.94 x 3.94 x 3.54 in), a 100W laser, 3DXpert All-in-One Software Solution for Metal Additive Manufacturing and a portfolio of qualified LaserForm metal powders. The DMP Flex 100 metal printer offers the flexibility of manual material loading.
The smallest of the DMP line, DMP Flex 100 is designed as the entry point to 3D printed metal manufacturing of small, complex fine detail metal parts at high quality using Direct Metal Printing (DMP).
- Small, complex precision parts
- Research and development
- Simplified assemblies/reduced number of parts
- Reduced weight/lightweight design
- Enhanced fluid flow
- Jewelry manufacturing
- Exceptional surface finish and resolution
- Prints parts that others struggle to print
- Minimal waste of materials
- Consistently high accuracy parts even on first-time builds
- Ease of use ‒ intuitive workflow
- Complete solution (printers, materials, software and application support)
- Uses Direct Metal Printing (DMP) technology
- Build volume (W x D x H): 100 x 100 x 90 mm (3.94 x 3.94 x 3.54 in) –height inclusive of build plate
- Surface finish quality of up to 5 Ra μm (200 Ra micro inches)
- High precision and repeatability
- Intuitive 3DXpert software for part set-up and production
- LaserForm materials with certified parameters
Commonly Used Materials for the DMP Flex 100
LaserForm 316L (B)
Able to be sterilized and highly corrosion resistant.
LaserForm 17-4PH (B)
Excellent corrosion resistance, high strength with good toughness.
LaserForm CoCr (B) or (C)
Highly corrosion and wear resistant, suitable for biomedical.